Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Centerpieces

Everyone usually have Thanksgiving Dinner (US- Nov. 24) with families and friends.  As part of my interior design services,  I have also done centerpieces and table/hall decor for non-profit organizations and families using different theme- luau, cultural, birthday and using summer, spring and now autumn colors. If you want a table setting and decor makeover for this coming holiday- Thanksgiving such as napkins, table runner, china, wine glasses and centerpieces all coordinated and prepared for you, I am just a phone call away or respond to this post and I will contact you.  I will use your existing supplies and purchase inexpensive add ons but give you beautiful results. I charge by the hour. I have been exposed to this type of work by attending events at Laguna Design Center where designers showcase their skills in making different holiday settings.

Autumn colors (color consultation is also one of my expertise) are fun and using materials that are easily available to you is one way to decorate.  But we can also infuse other colors to our decor.  On Oct. 31, we went to a neighborhood in Fountain Valley, CA  where they went all out and we did enjoy the unique exterior Halloween decor of the different houses. I found this tree in front of a house and I really loved it! 

Beautiful maple tree -Autumn, Oct. 2011, So. CA
Natural Colors of a Maple Tree

















Trees with natural autumn/fall colors (photo courtesy of my HR-XML Consortium friend- Paul Kiel, North Carolina)

Trees with natural autumn/fall colors (photo courtesy of my HR-XML Consortium friend - Paul Kiel, North Carolina)

Just to give you complimentary selected ideas and places to go on how you can turn your table with knock out centerpieces and awe your friends and families, please continue to read on. 

Big Pumpkin with a boquet of flowers(marthastewart.com)
You can use a pumpkin as container for these flowers-tulips, roses, berries, pomegrante and magnolia leaves that are autumn colors but then again you can always use other colors that will match the table settings. Again, if you need an interior designer's eye, let me know.

Or this arrangement below.....

Using Pumpkin as a vase and different types of flowers  (marthastewart.com)


Actual pumpkins arranged on beautiful plates (marthastewart.com)
The above is simple enough and you can go to the  groceries for supplies and materials- I prefer Sprouts where they sell pumpkins and nuts and flowers and prices are reasonable and use the different autumn colors to make your centerpieces attractive.

Using Autumn Leaves and gourds and pumpkins (marthastewart.com)

HurricaneLampwithCandleand mapleleaves (countryliving.com)

If you have some maple tree like the picture I took, with leaves of these colors, you have a very beautiful and inexpensive centerpiece. 

Using corn husks and inexpensive candles and flowers (countryliving.com)
Have you guys ever been in a Mexican grocery or a grocery that caters most to Mexicans?  Corn husks that are used for tamales are so inexpensive and hopefully you can find this color hue that matches the roses.  It's gorgeous arrangement!

Using Candles with Autumn Leaf (countryliving.com)




How about making a trip to Pier Imports or similar stores where you can get get these candles in different scent, color and shape and arranging them in a nice holder or plate ?  You will have the comfort- food (Turkey or Ham and all the trimmings) scent, and sight to awe your families and friends during your Thanksgiving dinner.  Want to makeover your whole house or rooms for your company coming?  Call or email me! I am here to serve and help you. 

Follow me on my blog and hope you enjoy them! 
Please call or email me or post a comment on this blog if you need my services.





No comments:

Post a Comment