Friday, June 10, 2011

Effective Use of Space


Just got back from dinner in one of my favorite restaurant Kappo Honda with my daughter's family and thought I continue my post.

If you are savvy enough to build/fix things, you can also have built-ins so you will have more space. Gamble House, one of the architectural landmark -craftsman style house in Pasadena had a lot of built in cabinets using mahogany. The use of built-ins made the house more elegant and spacious. I encourage everyone to see Gamble House http://www.gamblehouse.org A photograph is shown and this picture is one of my favorites. Also, when I was at one of the completed houses at El Dorado Ranch - San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico, one of the houses had an open plan- living room, kitchen, entertainment area are all in one room. A built in sofa made of local materials was used and with the help of proper decor, the house looks awesome.

More ideas to share later! Good night/day to everyone reading my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment